Sunday 29 March 2009

This week in the Geography department

Year eleven

Only 7 lessons left till your exams and revision is coming along nicely. I have been very impressed with the revision resoucres you have created. Hopefully they will help you to improve your final grades. We will look at managing resoucres and also look at rocks and landscapes this week. It is important that we get our exam tecnhnique as polished as possible particularly on case study and physical geography - 'describe the formation of.....' type questions.

Year ten

We continue looking at industry and particularly some of the reasons for the globalisation of it. I intend to approach this through the study of two different mysteries. Materials for which can be found on the Healing School Geography Department Website. A link can be found at the end of the post.

Year nine

As mentioned before life is about experimenting and that is what I aim to do this week. I have used wikispaces before with some year 8 classes as blog type exercise. However, I have decided I want the students to create some vert simple webpages to aid their studies particularly with Sustainable Development and how we can tackle global warming. See a post next month about the success or failure of this idea.

Year eight

The trading game has become my favourite lesson of all time. I decided I would use twitter to run the game. You could just use a word file but I thought it would detach me from the students even more and allow them to really get into the games finer details. It worked really well and I hope to try and find more applications for it in the classroom.

Year seven

I am loving the Long Way Down topic and the feedback I have been getting from you guys has been really positive. Last week we started looking at famine and I tried a few new things see a later post and you all seemed really keen on them which is great. All powerpoints and materials can be seen on our website from Tuesday morning. You will perform your news reports this week and hopefully we can record them.

Mr. Still

No comments:

Post a Comment